Pets By Air arranges global air transport for cats and dogs from New Zealand.
We’re an experienced animal travel agency and pet moving company. We can fly your beloved dogs or cats any where in the world.
Moving home or relocating your family can be a complicated process, more so if you are taking your pets with you. Don’t make it even more difficult.
Pets travelling overseas with incomplete documentation can end up with unnecessarily long periods in quarantine or additional, avoidable costs for pet owners. These mistakes might happen because owners do not understand the rules, vets may decide not to perform tests they thought unnecessary or airline personnel or embassy staff may not be up to date with pet travel regulations or the documentation required.
Don’t risk your pet’s comfort and safety. When clearing customs or boarding planes you need your pet’s travel documents to be complete, accurate and current. Go with an international pet moving specialist who is familiar with what needs to happen, like us.
Pets By Air pet movers cover everything:
Booking The Flight
Domestic Transfer Or Home Pick-Up
Transport To The Airport
Animal Welfare Certificate
MPI Veterinary Inspection
Flights and facts about pet transport safety
How do pets travel in a plane? Firstly, many airlines don’t give you a choice, but our recommendation is cargo travel for pets. Why?
- The airlines we prefer are dedicated to making sure pets have a safe experience and that they aren’t just treated as luggage.
- Your pet can either travel on the same flight as you or unaccompanied, which can make planning your own travel easier.
- The cargo area is pressure and temperature controlled, just like the cabin. It is also softly lit and away from the noise and stress of the other human passengers.
- On the airlines we recommend, the cargo handlers are specifically trained to work with animals and they follow a last on, first off policy. Pets are given priority, they are transported in temperature-controlled vehicles and are never left to sit on the tarmac, unlike your luggage.
- Check-in occurs at the airline’s cargo facility and pets are tracked during each stage of their journey.
As a long-standing international pet transport company with a fantastic reputation, we have flown thousands of pets safely over the last 30 years. Cargo transport provides the safest and least stressful experience for pets, which is our number one priority, and yours, too.
We have our own boarding facility at Brookby Pet Lodge and offer our international flying customers up to 3 days free board, if needed, before their flight. Brookby Pet Lodge is nestled on 10 acres in the lush, rural countryside of Brookby, South Auckland. Surrounded by beautiful farmland, our pet hotel is a picturesque retreat for your cat or dog before their flight. Visit the Brookby Pet Lodge website to enquire, call us or mark “pet boarding required” on the quote form, if you require pet boarding.
Depending upon where your pet is flying to, veterinary checks are required within 2-5 days before your pet’s international travel. We are happy to complete the final vet check, export certificate and parasite treatment for you.